Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer...Not So Bad So Far



Summer vacation hasn't been awful so far. It's a lot of togetherness for me and the Ferd (5 year old son). Today we went to Oaks Park for Chipper's Preschool Morning. We managed to get on the hot-air balloon ride, but Ferd didn't have the patience to wait in line for any others. I don't think he's ready for Disneyland. He did get to hug, shake hands, and high-five with Chipper. Always a highlight!

Hope to visit the sale at A Common Thread this week with an eye on buying the darning and invisible zipper feet for my sewing machine. I wanted to give free-motion quilting a try and make Amy Butler's Cabo Halter. I've had the pattern for a long time and haven't done any garment sewing since a failed attempt at a skirt last summer.

Also hope to attend the Artfiberfest Artists' Marketplace at Reed College here in Portland on Friday, June 26th from 7-9 pm located in the Student Union. I have been so out of it (for the past 5 years), I didn't even know Teesha Moore was having Artfiberfest here in Portland this time around. So if I can't go to the actual workshops, the marketplace sounds like the next best thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment