Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Work Continues on the Short Story Quilt

The Short Story quilt is moving along ever so slowly. It's actually at my sewing machine right now about halfway quilted. But I don't have any pictures of the process. It is coming out ok, but there have been a few bobbles -- like forgetting to leave the needle down when I pivot or forgetting to put the presser foot back down. So that leaves a few weird stitches. Also, when the quilt sandwich is not moving freely and gets caught on the edge of the sewing table, the stitches get tight. But after leaving it be for a while, I don't notice these things as much when I come back to it. Here's some pictures of the quilt top before I started quilting.
Here's the blocks all sewn together.


Here's the border and the corners added on.


Here's the lovely Enzo enjoying the quilt sandwich process.

No comments:

Post a Comment