Monday, October 18, 2010

Felties and Pumpkins


I purchased this book at Jo-Ann Fabrics with a 50% off coupon the other day. I knew my boy would like some of these cute critters. I had been wanting to check out Gossamer for quite a while but hadn't gotten there. Now I had an excuse -- wool felt to make some of these guys. Above is my first attempt -- the samurai cat.

I didn't get as many of the details stitched onto the sleeves and belt because my son wanted it done asap. Next time I'd like to do a better job stitching the head onto the body too. Next up will be the alien, chihuahua, and the mummy cat.

The little pumpkin pincushion next to the samurai cat is from a free tutorial by Ellen of The Long Thread available here. It's super easy and the pattern includes two sizes. I think it would be fun to make a ton of these guys in a flurry of fabrics and group them all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment